Apply for funding for your project
Our Development Education Fund supports the work of projects, groups and organisations involved in global justice education work in England and Wales to further CAFOD's strategic goals and education priorities.
We award development education grants to organisations and groups in England and Wales. The grants support projects and programmes that educate about or campaign for global justice, in line with CAFOD's strategic goals and education priorities.
CAFOD works with poor and disadvantaged communities in the global South to overcome poverty and bring about development and wellbeing.
- supports education and campaigning work where we currently have no capacity to reach.
- funds innovation and ‘risk’.
- is to build a portfolio of good practice so that CAFOD and its networks can learn, share and hone competencies in delivering education work.
Our Funding Streams
- Youth Funding supports youth groups and organisations working to develop creative approaches to global learning.
- Development Education Funding provides support for national Development Education organisations and small one-off projects often operating at the local level.
- Justice and Peace Funding is for Catholic diocesan Justice and Peace Commissions/Networks and local groups only. CAFOD always welcome applications as long as matched funding is being provided with a long-term view for Commissions/Networks and groups to become self-sustaining.
- Justice & Spirituality Funding supports groups or organisations involved in projects that deepen or broaden an understanding of global issues specifically from a faith perspective as well as for those seeking to work ecumenically or fostering an interfaith approach.
Our Funding Types
- Core funding supports organisations which may have a long-standing core relationship with CAFOD and a very close synergy with its work.
- Project funding supports projects/pieces of work with a time frame of one to three years with clearly defined beginning and end points.
How to apply
Please submit your application with clear and detailed budget headings and note we are unable to consider applications that do not meet this standard.
If you require further information on the financial guidelines, please contact the Education Fund Coordinator on 0207 095 5317 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org