Donate to Emergencies
CAFOD's Emergency Response Team helps save women, men and children caught up in disasters and emergencies around the world.
With your support, we can do more to save lives before disaster strikes, rescue those at the heart of an emergency, and rebuildlives long after the initial crisis has passed.
Emergency Response Team: Delivering food
Thanks to your support we acted quickly when the food crisis struck in Niger this year, providing food for 40,000 people in several different ways:
- Health centres: treatment for severely malnourished babies and mums.
- Food aid: cereals, vegetable oil and protein delivered directly.
- "Cash-for-work" of "Food-for-work": people are paid in cash or food to carry out work that benefits their community (like improving farm-land or digging wells).
- Seed fairs: making sure people have seeds, fertiliser and tools to grow crops next year.
- Village granaries: we help villages buy grain when it's cheap, store it and sell it at subsidised prices when times are tough. A hugely effective long-term solution, which means that villages can support themselves year after year.
donation_2(array ( ))
Emergency news set
G8 leaders are coming to the UK in June. Come to London and tell them to act on global hunger. Register here.
Emergency Response updates
Get email updates from the Emergency Response Team